|Tun Haniff Omar was the Inspector General of Police at the time of the Haadyai Peace Accords|
Im sharing this particular piece from Tuan Syed's blog titled Chin Peng Dies - End To A Wasted Life and an updated with comments By Former IGP Tun Haniff Omar to have a clear picture on untold pieces on why was Chin Peng not a Malaysian.
Earlier, Tuan Syed wrote again to explain how Chin Peng and Communist Party of Malaya was dissipated by British and who is Loi Tek to Chin Peng in his piece titled ... A Wasted Life
THE UNTOLD.... points to ponder
- USSR directed CPM, and cooperated with British to fight Japanese Occupation.
- USSR ordered Chin Peng to plunge Malaya into 41 years of cruel insurrection and turn Malaya into Communist satellite state but upon advice, power were kept in the hands of Chinese leaders.
- A peace agreement in 1988 through Rashid Maidin's letter to Tun Ghaffar Baba and Thai Army. Tun Mahathir was cleared by Tan Sri Rahim Noor to accept the offer.
- All Malaysian and Singapore CPM terrorists and their families are allowed to return to Malaysia within one year of the agreement.
- About 300 terrorists returned but NOT CHIN PENG.
- Chin Peng failed to proof he had applied for his return within the one year offer.
- Therefore, Malaysia has nothing to do with Chin Peng anymore.
- The Haadyai Peace Agreement stated that the CPM terrorists are forgiven for their crimes.
- Chin Peng would face for murder charges for murdering IGP Tan Sri Abdul Rahman Hashim
"Chin Peng dedicated himself to the Communist Internationale soon after the Japanese invasion of China in the late 1930s. On the direction of the USSR, he and the CPM cooperated with the British Force 136 to fight the Japanese Occupation of Malaya.
After the war, he carried out the order of the USSR to plunge Malaya into a cruel insurrection for 41 years. On the advice of his international mentor, he carefully kept the power within the CPM in the hands of its Chinese leaders. His struggle was to make us a communist satellite state - not a free country with democratic freedom to choose our system and leadership of government.
From my first day as a police officer in 1959 to Dec 1989 I was fighting CPM terrorists or subversives.
In 1988, they made overtures to talk us into a peace agreement through Rashid Maidin's letter to Tun Ghaffar Baba and the Thai Army. I asked Tan Sri Rahim Noor, my Director Special Branch to clear with the Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed to accept the offer to talk peace with the CPM - although it was already a spent force so that we could put them aside and concentrate fully on our national and economic development without further distractions.
We were generous in our peace terms and allowed all the CPM terrorists of Malaysian and Singapore origins and their families to return to Malaysia provided they applied to do so within one year of signing the Agreement. About 300 ex terrorists returned but we did not sight any application from Chin Peng.
I have no love for him yet would have fought for the terms of the Agreement to be honoured only because of the principle that our honour demands that we keep our side of any bargain.
When Chin Peng applied many years after the Agreement to return, he had missed the boat and there was absolutely no reason to admit him unless he could prove he had applied within that one year window. This he wasn't able to do.
We have nothing to do with him now and I do not see why we should even allow his ashes in. We should look after those who stoutly fought and defeated him, particularly the families of those of all races who died or were maimed fighting him and the CPM.
Those of his followers who refused the chance we gave to return to Malaysia in 1989 and 1990 should be left alone outside our country. They should not be allowed to return under the terms of the Haadyai Peace Agreement whereby we forgave them for their crimes. One of those who chose not to return was the No.1 killer of my predecessor, IGP Tan Sri Abdul Rahman Hashim. Surely we do not want him back without facing murder charges."
Tun Haniff Omar