Wednesday, May 13, 2009

13 MAY 1969 - WHO STARTED THE DARK HISTORY?



At 7 years old, I was introduced the word 'CURFEW' and 'malai si' and at that very young age I was introduced to politics... What happened? From what I experienced, you are not allowed to leave home and locked within yr vicinity, foods rationed and homes are guarded by police and armies and thus haunted by sirens (my mom called it 'loceng gila').

Balai Polis, Bandar Hilir, Melaka - at that very young age, we squatted to the police barrack and witnessed evidence with bloods spilled and watched our dads with restless nights and rests... we were hailed with emergency sirens and we knew we were in the 'red zone' ... the death parade by DAP marched arrogantly challenged the police and LimKitSiang was there too....

I was too young to understand why all this happened but years later the prejudice still never end... when your schoolmates still carries within them ... I am a communist.

After 40 years, I wish not to have the slightest memoir of the dark history, but I feel obliged to the young generations to share what we went through and;

My fellow bloggers has more to say ;




1. Lies told... - Jebat Must Die

2. May 13th - A Recollection - mind No Evil

3. ... peristiwa berdarah yang mengorbankan banyak nyawa - Segalanya Mungkin

Deep Tots :
To those who went through the tragedy, do not lie and for the young generations don't even try to ask for it...


3 comments:

Singh Is Kinng said...

Salam MANTRA,

A topic I would rather not dare to touch, for two reasons - I wasn't there when it happened, and there are too many sides of the story. But I prefer the version written by JMD.

Now I'm FB member, already sent a message to you.

Wassalam.

mantra-indeeptots said...

Salam Piggy

It was awful... damn awful and people like LimKitSiang would just wish to forget the damage they did... Now, they put the blame to the Malays. But people like me, would wish to forget the trauma but it never did...

What JMD is trying to do... for the younger generations not to forget history, the actual history and not from someone with self-interest...

Im glad u joined us in FB.. i guess many appreciate that too... welcome to a more fiery discussion. Hope we can uphold the truth!

Anonymous said...

Mantra, would you spare a thought for the theory which states that May13 was probably a covert attempt from higher up at playing the people against each other? Never would I believe in my heart of hearts that a Malay would strike a Chinese and vice-versa. It scares me to think that Malaysians would do that. It's just not us to do this sort of thing. :(